Fashion and Photographic Make-Up
The Fashion and Photographic Make-Up Diploma provides every student with the key skills necessary to enter into the challenging and exciting world of make-up
One day per week for twelve consecutive weeks
- The Make-up Artist
- Make-up Kit and Kit Maintenance
- Study of Skincare- skin types, skin disorders, allergies.
- Cleansers, toners, moisturisers, primers.
- Foundation- application and blending.
- Coloured bases, concealers and high points.
- Blusher- creme and powder
- Eyebrows: shaping, balancing, enhancing
- Understanding the period references in fashion, photography, icons, hair and makeup
- Period Make-up: Practical and Theoretical.and how ow period makeup is used in fashion today.
- 1920's: vamp- smoky eye
- 1930's: theory only
- 1940's: Hollywood glamour - Red Carpet looks
- 1950's: Vintage glamour looking at icons like Marilyn Monroe- classic brow, liquid liner, lashes, red lips
- 1960's: The home of the classic cut-crease as sported by the infamous Twiggy
- 1970's: Creative workshop - punk, disco, glam, hippy
- 1980s and 1990s: theory only
- How period makeup is used in fashion today
- Thesis Submission
- Contouring: understanding face shapes, structures and features.
- Eyes: application for different shapes
- Lips: application, formulations, tricks of the trade.
- Colour Analysis: understanding undertones and complimentary palettes.
- Natural Make-up for commercial photography.
- Bridal Make-up
- Fashion Make-up for Editorial and Catwalk
- Male Make-up
- Mature Make-up
- Industry lectures: Model agent, Photographer
- Lighting: the effect on make-up
- Photographic Evidence Submission
- Final Examination
Your portfolio is your most important marketing tool in the fashion industry. Our Fashion and Photographic make-up students complete two professional photo-shoots, creating two looks at each shoot. You can view examples of our student's work in our student portfolio.
Dates and Times
This course runs for 12 consecutive weeks (1 day per week), from 9.45 am until 4.00 pm. We are delighted to announce that the next course will commence on Tuesday, 29 August 2023. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees £1200.00 per student. A deposit of £250.00 is required upon application. Fees and deposits are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
The school reserves the right of refusal to any application deemed unsuitable. Should you wish to view the school or discuss the course in more detail, contact Oonagh Boman for a mutually convenient time.
Download your application form here.
Send completed Application form and deposits to:
Oonagh Boman School of Make-Up
16 Main Street
Read details on our Art of Make-up Course