Fashion and Photographic Make-Up
The Fashion and Photographic Make-Up Diploma provides every student with the key skills necessary to enter into the challenging and exciting world of make-up
One day per week for sixteen consecutive weeks
- The Make-up Artist
- Make-up Kit and Kit Maintenance
- Study of Skincare- skin types, skin disorders, allergies.
- Cleansers, toners, moisturisers, primers.
- Foundation- application and blending.
- Coloured bases, concealers and high points.
- Blusher- creme and powder
- Eyebrows: shaping, balancing, enhancing
- Period Make-up: Practical and Theoretical.
- 1920's: vamp- smoky eye
- 1930's: theory only
- 1940's: GI pin-up- peaches and cream complexion, red lips.
- 1950's: Marilyn Monroe- arched brow, liner, lashes, red lips
- 1960's: Twiggy/ Mod- lashes, heavy socket, pale complexion
- 1970's: Creative- punk, disco, glam, hippy
- 1980s and 1990s: theory only
- Thesis Submission
- Contouring: understanding face shapes, structures and features.
- Eyes: application for different shapes
- Lips: application, formulations, tricks of the trade.
- Colour Analysis: understanding undertones and complimentary palettes.
- Natural Make-up for commercial photography.
- Bridal Make-up
- Fashion Make-up for Editorial and Catwalk
- Male Make-up
- Mature Make-up
- Industry lectures: Model agent, Photographer, Stylist
- Lighting: the effect on make-up
- Photographic Evidence Submission
- Final Examination
Your portfolio is your most important marketing tool in the fashion industry. Our Fashion and Photographic make-up students complete two professional photo-shoots, creating two looks at each shoot. You can view examples of our student's work in our student portfolio.
Dates and Times
This course runs for 16 consecutive weeks and begins at 9:30am until 3:30pm. The next course is commencing September 2019, to register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees £2000 per student. A deposit of £500 is required upon application. Fees and deposits are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
The school reserves the right of refusal to any application deemed unsuitable. Should you wish to view the school or discuss the course in more detail, contact Oonagh Boman for a mutually convenient time.
Download your application form here.
Send completed Application form and deposits to:
Oonagh Boman School of Make-Up
49 Botanic Avenue
Read details on our Art of Make-up Course